Sunday, June 12, 2011

Great Weekend!

It has turned out to be a really nice weekend. Thursday morning started out with big storms and massive rain. Check out our flooded street...(ironic that there is a boat parked across the street, huh?)



Thursday night, Brian and I went to see Kenny Chesney. It was his Father's Day gift (and maybe just a little bit for me, too..haha). I had no idea until around 3pm that day that Uncle Kracker was opening for him. Holy Smokes...UNCLE KRACKER!!!! If you know me, you know I have a bit of a thing for him. I was stoked!!! Even though it was like 52-freaking-degrees, it was still fun! I'm getting old, though. Kenny didn't even come on until 9PM. Maybe if I wasn't frozen by 7:30, I would have had a better attitude. Anyhow...it was still fun! And Uncle-Freaking-Kracker was there!!!! I tried to get some pictures with my phone, but I didn't really get anything good.

Friday was just a lazy day. It was nice because we didn't even leave the house all day. I had one of those total ADD days. You know, the kind where you start something and then it's a domino effect? It was 3:30PM and I was going to make homemade pizza for dinner. Aurelio's uses dried mushrooms on their pizza and Brian really likes it. So, I'm making my list for the store and open the cabinet to see if we have mushrooms. Ugh....I swear, this cabinet hasn't been cleaned out once since we moved here eight years ago. You know what's next, right? Yep...I then decide that the cabinet needs to be cleared out and re-organized right there at that moment. So out everything comes.....


So I successfully threw out a boatload of spices, seasonings, 1/3 used pudding packs (for my Mom's awesome Pecan Coffee Cake) and all sorts of other random items. I'm a happy camper now. I can see what's in there! And yes...we had mushrooms. TWO packs! However, by this time, it was well past the time to begin dinner. I know.......it's shocking that I would get side-tracked on 15 other things before the cabinet was done. We got some carry-out from Cilantro with a gift card we've had forever. Productive day!!

Saturday Jack had a game and then it was off to the Oyster's house for their annual Bean Bag Tourney. We had so much fun! While the guys were playing bags, the girls wound up playing Kick The Can with the kids out in front. I hid in a bush for what seemed like FOREVER and I'm pretty sure I had bugs and who knows what else in my hair by the end of that game! It was all worth it, though! We had some good food, fun times and Brian even won 3rd place in the bags tourney. Unfortunately, Jack's game didn't go so well. He got a couple of nice hits, though. And of course the time I'm actually standing by the plate with the camera, he gets a walk! Oh well..here is a picture of Jack watching the ball...haha!



And finally, today...Sunday. Made some blueberry pancakes for breakfast, some cupcakes for no particular reason, and now that it's been established how many packages of dried mushrooms I have, we were finally able to have that homemade pizza for dinner tonight. Jack rolled out all the dough for me. It thought maybe that would be an incentive to actually eat some. No dice. That kid is so damn picky!!!!



And that's it....after heading down to Izaak to catch a game, I'm home. And i'm tired! G'Nite!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Becki! I am tired just reading this...
    The boys have gotten so big! Time flies!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete