Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Review - Good Life Cafe

I had lunch with my chicas Tuesday at the newly opened Good Life Cafe'. It's nestled between Ridgewood Tap and Twisted Q on Ridge Road. It was a winner!

As soon as I walked in, I was welcomed from behind the counter. It's fresh and has a fun menu full of dishes that are named after special people close to the cafe'.

OK, and this is kind of geeky, but I felt sorta fancy with the glasses our drinks were served in. While they have a wide variety of libations, I hit the hard stuff out of the gate....Diet Pepsi! Come on, I'm on Spring Break! I'm allowed to live a little, right? Anyhooo, the glass reminded me of the ones we used in my house growing up.

Even geeky-er...it was good ice! I'm a dork, I know. Fancy glasses and good ice??? I'm in love!

Two of us had the Spinach Salad with strawberries, pecans and a raspberry vinaigrette. Oh yeah, it had bleu cheese crumbles as well, but I tend to avoid bleu cheese at any cost. I try, really...but GAG! My other friend had the Spicy Chipotle Turkey Wrap. It was a nice size, but wasn't ginormous and awkward to handle. She gave it a thumbs up!

We talked to the Assistant Manager, Christina for a bit and she told us about all the fun things they have going on. The 3rd Sunday of the month, they have a wine tasting! Sounds like fun to me!

They're open early for the breakfast crowd and there was some decent seating. One of the things that caught my attention was the sandwich special they have. It's a half sandwich, drink and a bag of chips for $5. I immediately thought of beach days. I'm not a huge Subway fan and Jimmy Johns (Vito...YUMMMM!!) isn't typically open when we trek out to the beach in the morning. Guess where I'm picking my lunch from?? You guessed it!

So...give the place a try! It's definitely a fun place to grab lunch or a light dinner with friends!

The Good Life Cafe'

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I'm reading an article in the newspaper. You should submit this to your local paper. This place sounds great!

    ReplyDelete